Even More Tips and Tricks for Android™ Phones
Explore the advanced capabilities, connection and convenience of your Android™ smartphone, with the Assurance Wireless cell phone service plan.
5 Simple Tips to Tap Into the Power and Convenience of Your Phone
Once you’ve started to get the hang of your new smartphone, you may know the basics and everyday uses, but let’s dig a little deeper to see how your phone on Assurance Wireless’ plan can help you connect on the go.
With helpful tips and guidance, you'll use your phone like a pro in no time. Here are some pointers to tap into your Android™ phone’s fullest potential.
Boost Your Productivity: Keep Your Phone Running Fast.
If your phone is running slowly, take a few quick steps to speed it up:
- Close any apps you're not currently using by tapping the “Recent Apps” button (three vertical lines at the bottom, left-hand side of your screen) and swiping up or down to close apps.
- Clear your phone's cache by going to Settings > Storage > Cached Data and tapping the "Clear Cache" button.
- Remove any apps, files, photos or videos you don't need, as they can take up space and slow your phone down.
- Regularly restart your phone to clear any memory or system glitches that may slow it down.
- Check for updates to improve your phone’s performance. Go to Settings > Software Update. If you have an update available, follow the on-screen instructions to download and install it.
- Snap and Edit Photos for Lasting Memories.
Photos on our phones capture once-in-a-lifetime moments that we want to hold onto forever. The Gallery app, preinstalled on Android™ devices, features advanced editing tools to make your photos even more memorable. Take your pictures from run-of-the-mill to remarkable with just a tap of the “Remaster Photo” button. Remove objects and backgrounds, emphasize and enhance colors, create collages, apply fun filters and so much more. Share these meaningful memories with your friends and family and celebrate your times together.
- Navigate to Destinations Safely and Efficiently.
Google Maps has amazing features to help you navigate anywhere you want to go. You can check for delays along your commute, add stops, see nearby shops and restaurants, check gas prices and share trip progress to let loved ones know where you are and when to expect you. You can also see panoramic photos nearly anywhere in the world using Google Street View. Get familiar with your route, destination and local surroundings before you ever leave home. Whether in the driver’s seat, using public transit or even walking, your new phone will become an essential co-pilot for all destinations, near and far.
- Never Miss an Important Notification.
When you’re busy or switching between apps, you may swipe away a notification without thinking. You can find the notification in your phone's Notification History if you realize you missed something important. Turn on this feature by going to Settings > Notifications > Notification History > Toggle on Notification History.
- Enhance On-the-Go Access With Mobile Hotspot.
Do you need online access on your laptop or tablet, but there's no Wi-Fi network available? If your plan includes mobile hotspot data, your phone can act as a Wi-Fi hotspot, allowing you to share your mobile data connection with other devices. The Assurance Wireless ACP plan makes that even easier with mobile hotspot data included each month. To set up a mobile hotspot on your Android™ phone, go to Settings > Network & Internet > Hotspot & Tethering > Wi-Fi Hotspot. From there, you can enable the hotspot and configure the settings however you’d like.
We hope these tips help you enhance your ability to communicate and stay connected with loved ones, access important information on the go and simplify daily tasks. With Assurance Wireless, you can access free data, text and minutes, plus get a smartphone with all these incredible capabilities—and so much more.
Your phone is more than just a device for texting and making calls; you’ll have a powerful tool for connection and convenience that could greatly improve your daily life. Don’t wait to get started, and tell your friends and family about all the great advantages, too.